- 8G10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leucine-rich repeat serine/threonine-protein kinase 2, augmented in rheumatoid arthritis 17, AURA17, DARDARIN, PARK8, RIPK7, ROCO2
Covance Catalog# MMS-5301
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 (LRRK2), is a member of the leucine-rich repeat kinase family. This protein also functions as a GTPase. Proteins with leucine-rich regions play a role in protein-protein interactions and mediate assembly of the cell's structural framework (cytoskeleton). Mutations in LRRK2 genes have been associated with late-onset Parkinson's disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Antibody is against amino acids 100 - 500 of human LRRK2.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2750047 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844402)
AB_2565614 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844401)
This gene is a member of the leucine-rich repeat kinase family and is encoded by the PARK8 gene. The protein is present mainly in the cytoplasm but can be associated with the mitochondrial outer membrane.
Expected MW: >200 kD
Tissue distribution: Lung, Kidney, parathyroid gland, CNS
Cellular distribution: cytoplasm, mitochondrion, nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, lysosome, Golgi apparatus, endosome
- LRRK2 interacts with the C-terminal R2 RING finger domain of parkin. LRRK2 positively regulates autophagy through a calcium-dependent activation of the CaMKK/AMPK signaling pathway. Mutations in this gene have been associated with Parkinson disease.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Antigen References
- Paisán-Ruíz C, et al. 2004. Neuron. 44(4):595-600.
- Alegre-Abarrategui J, et al. 2009. Hum. Mol. Genet. 18(21):4022-34.
- Gómez-Suaga P, et al. 2012. Hum. Mol. Genet. 21(3):511–25.
- Orenstein SJ, et al. 2013. Nat. Neurosci. 16(4):394–406.
- Cherra SJ, et al. 2013. Am. J. Pathol. 182(2):474–84.
- Gene ID
- 120892 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LRRK2 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.