- A15143K (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Microtubule-associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3B, MAP1A/MAP1B LC3 B, MAP1A/1B light chain 3 B, MAP1 light chain 3-like protein 2, autophagy-related ubiquitin-like modifier LC3 B
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Microtubule-associated protein light chain 3, commonly known as LC3, is a central protein in the autophagy pathway and functions in autophagosome biogenesis. LC3 is a member of the ATG8 protein family and expressed as three isoforms: LC3A (MAP1LC3A), LC3B (MAP1LC3B), and LC3C (MAP1LC3C). Newly synthesized LC3 is hydrolyzed by the cysteine protease ATG4B to produce the active cytosolic form termed LC3I. Through a series of reactions involving other ATGs, LC3I becomes attached to phosphatidylethanolamine. This lipid modified form is termed LC3II, and is involved in autophagosomes membrane expansion and fusion events. LC3 is widely used as a marker for autophasomes. Defects in autophagy machinery have been associated with multiples diseases including neurodegenerative disorders.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to N-terminal region of human LC3B protein (between amino acid residues 1-50) conjugated to KLH.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
ICC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 1.0 µg/ml is suggested It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody cross-reacts with LC3A and LC3B isoforms.
- Product Citations
AB_2650713 (BioLegend Cat. No. 848801)
AB_2650714 (BioLegend Cat. No. 848802)
- LC3 is a 125 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 14.7 kD.
Tissue distribution: brain, heart, skeletal muscle, blood and testis.
Cellular distribution: cytosol, mitochondria, cytoskeleton, endoplasmic reticulum, cytoplasmic vesicles, autophagosome.
- LC3 proteins play a key role in the selective recruitment of autophagic cargoes into autophagosomes, and serve as docking sites for adaptor proteins.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 81631 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LC3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.