- LASS2D9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CMD1A, HGPS, LGMD1B, LMN1, LMNL1, MADA, PRO1
- Mouse IgG3, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Lamins A and C are structural components of the lamina, a scaffold of proteins localized to the nuclear inner membrane, and contribute to nuclear membrane dynamics and chromatin structure. Mutations in the LMNA gene have been linked to multiple laminopathy disorders, including Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by the appearance of accelerated and dramatic aging. Patients with HGPS have a mutation in the LMNA gene that results in aberrant splicing and production of the toxic, truncated Lamin A protein progerin that functions in a dominant negative pattern.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- GST fused to C-terminal fragment of Lamin A (amino acid residues 422-664)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
LASS2D9 recognized both human and mouse Lamin A/C when tested by WB; WL4G10 does not recognize mouse Lamin A or C.
WL4G10 displayed a significantly higher affinity for human Lamin A/C compared to LASS2D9 when tested for WB.
During PD testing for ICC applications, this clone produced weak staining of PFA-fixed HeLa cells that had been permeabilized with methanol or Triton X-100. We therefore do not recommend this clone for the application.
- Lamin A is a 664 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 74 kD. Lamin C is a 572 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 65 kD.
Ubiquitously expressed/Nucleoplasmic side of inner nuclear membrane
- Fibrous component of nuclear lamina, provides framework for nuclear envelope, may interact with chromatin
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
- Machiels B, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:9249.
- Barton R and Worman HJ. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:30008.
- Gruenbaum Y, et al. 2000. J. Struct. Biol. 129:313.
- Stierlé V, et al. 2003. Biochemistry 42:4819.
- Gene ID
- 4000 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Lamin A/C on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.