- Poly9059 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 5, CK-5, 58 kD cytokeratin, cytokeratin-5, type-II keratin Kb5, epidermolysis bullosa simplex 2 Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types, keratin 5 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex), krt5
- Chicken IgY
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Keratin 5 belongs to the type II cytokeratin family of proteins. It dimerizes with Keratin 14 to form intermediate filaments (IFs) that make up the cytoskeleton of the basal epithelial cells. Keratin 5 is involved in several diseases including breast and lung cancers.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monospecific polyclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the mouse keratin 5 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 – 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2721742 (BioLegend Cat. No. 905903)
AB_2721743 (BioLegend Cat. No. 905904)
- Keratin 5 is a 590 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 62 kD.
Tissue distribution: esophagus, hair follicle, saliva, and skin.
Cellular distribution: cytoskeleton, extracellular, nucleus, and cytosol.
- Keratin 5 IFs contribute to the cell architecture and provide the cells with elasticity to withstand mechanical and non-mechanical stresses.
- Keratin 14
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
- Yuspa SH, et al 1989 J Cell Biol 109:1207.
- Roop, DR, et al 1984 J Biol Chem 259:8037.
- Gene ID
- 3852 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Keratin 5 on UniProt.org
|Keratin 5 Polyclonal Chicken Antibody, Purified||Poly9059||IHC|
|Purified anti-Keratin 5 Polyclonal Chicken||Poly9059||IHC-P|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.