- Poly18339 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 15, CK-15, cytokeratin-15, keratin-15, beta, keratin-15, basic keratin-15, K15
- Chicken Polyclonal IgY
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Keratins are intermediate filament proteins responsible for the structural integrity of epithelial cells and are subdivided into cytokeratins and hair keratins. Keratin 15 is a member of the type I cytokeratin family. Most of the type I cytokeratins consist of acidic proteins which are arranged in pairs of heterotypic keratin chain. Keratin 15 has been associated with diseases such as malignant syringoma and morpheaform basal cell carcinoma.Product Details
- Human, Mouse; Cross Reactivity: Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the human keratin 15 protein, CDGQVVSSHKREI.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 μg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 μg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2616894 (BioLegend Cat. No. 833904)
- Keratin 15 is a 456 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 49 kD.
Tissue distribution: skin.
Cellular distribution: extracellular, nucleus, and cytoskeleton.
- Keratin 15 is responsible for maintaining the structural integrity of mammalian epithelial cells.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 3866 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Keratin 15 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.