- TM191 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Transmembrane protease serine 11E, TMPRSS11E2, differentially expressed in squamous cell carcinoma 1, DESC1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TMPRSS11E also called DESC1 is a type II transmembrane serine protease. It is a tumor suppressor to sensitize cell apoptosis through downregulation of the EGFR/AKT pathway. Expression of TMPRSS11E may be involved in up/down regulation for a particular protease among different types of cancers. TMPRSS11E gene expression is shown to be reduced or absent in squamous cell carcinoma, while overexpression of the gene has been seen in kidney, brain and breast cancer carcinomas. It has been reported that cells forced to express TMPRSS11E have an increased ability of cellular infiltration.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant TMPRSS11E.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2715790 (BioLegend Cat. No. 392002)
Epithelial cells. Tissue-specific expression occurs from the head and neck, skin, prostate and testes.
- Serine protease which has gelatinolytic and caseinolytic activities. Shows a preference for Arg in the P1 position.
- Extracellular region (Ser159-IIE423).
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1.Lang JC, et al. 2001. Br J Cancer. 84(2):237
2. Ng HY, et al. 2016. Int J Cancer. 138(12):294
3. Viloria C G, et al. 2007. Br J Cancer. 97(2): 201
4. Sedghizadeh PP. et al. 2006. Head Neck. 28(5):432
5. Behrens M. et al. 2004. 61(22):2866
- Gene ID
- 28983 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TMPRSS11E on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.