- MQ2-13A5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survival of certain B cells and T cells. IL-6 plays a role in host defense, acute phase reactions, immune response, and hematopoiesis. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells, and keratinocytes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-7- expressed, recombinant human IL-6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1-3,7: The purified MQ2-13A5 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MQ2-39C3 antibody (Cat. No. 501202) as the detecting antibody.
Neutralization1-3,5,6: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-6 bioactivity (Cat. No. 501110). The MQ2-13A5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-6.
Additional applications (for the relevant formats) include: intracellular flow cytometry10.
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams JS. 2001. Curr. Protoc. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Gaines Das R, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Methods 160:147.
- Enriquez J, et al. 2002. Adv. Perit Dial. 18:177.
- Zou JP, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:4882.
- Wyant TL, et al. 1999. Infect. Immun. 67:1338.
- Lesmeister MJ, et al. 2005. Reprod. Biol. Endocrinol. 3:74.
- Terasaka Y, et al. 2010. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 51:2441 PubMed
- Girndt M, et al. 1998. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 9:1689.
- Product Citations
AB_2562841 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501115)
- Neuropoietic cytokine family; 26 kD (Mammalian)
- Hematopoiesis; antigen-specific immune responses, inflammatory reactions; acute phase reaction
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hirano T. 1998. Int. Rev. Immunol. 16:249.
3. Patterson P. 1992. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2:94.
4. van Oers M, et al. 1993. Ann. Hematol. 66:219.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, and IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4 and TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3569 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Other FormatsView All IL-6 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|FITC anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|PE anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ELISA Capture,CyTOF®,ELISPOT Capture,Neut,ICFC|
|APC anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IL-6 (Maxpar® Ready)||MQ2-13A5||ELISA Capture,CyTOF®|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-6||MQ2-13A5||ELISA Capture,CyTOF®,ELISPOT Capture,Neut,ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
FITC anti-human IL-6
PE anti-human IL-6
Purified anti-human IL-6
APC anti-human IL-6
Pacific Blue™ anti-human IL-6
Purified anti-human IL-6 (Maxpar® Ready)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IL-6
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IL-6
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human IL-6
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IL-6
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IL-6