- 5A6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- S5.7, CVID6, TSPAN28
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD81 is a 26 kD non-glycosylated member of the tetraspanin superfamily (TM4SF), also known as TAPA-1 (target of an antiproliferative antibody). CD81 is expressed on T and B cells, NK cells, monocytes, dendritic cells, thymocytes, endothelial cells, and fibroblasts. It also has low levels of expression on granulocytes. CD81 induces B cell adhesion via VLA-4 integrin and has been shown to play a role in early T cell development. CD81 associates with several other cell-surface proteins in a multimolecular complex, including CD19, CD21, CD20, CD37, CD53, and CD82 in B cells, and CD4, CD8, and CD82 in T cells.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human OCI-LY8 cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
WB, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western Blotting3 and immunoprecipitation2,3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Menno C, et al. 2010. J. Clin. Invest. 4:1265.
- Oren R, et al. 1990. Mol. Cell. Biol. 8:4007. (IP)
- Clark K, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279(19):19401. (IP, WB)
- Mochida K, et al. 2008. J. Virol. 13:6711.
- Rappa G, et al. 2014. Mol Cancer Res. 12:1840. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10642023 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349501)
AB_10643417 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349502)
- 26 kD, type III transmembrane protein, member of the TM4SF tetraspanin family. Complexed with CD82, CD19, CD21, or CD4, CD8.
T cells, NK, monocytes, B cells, endothelial and epithelial cells, low on granulocytes.
- Regulates cell activation and growth and cell aggregation.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Monocytes, Neural Stem Cells, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Menno C, et al. 2010. J. Clin. Invest. 4:1265.
2. Fearon D, et al. 1995. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 13:127.
3. Wright M, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:588.
- Gene ID
- 975 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD81 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.