- CARL-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis, Apo-3 ligand (Apo3L), Death receptor 3-L (DR3-L), TNFSF 12, CD255
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK) is a type II transmembrane TNF superfamily member with strong homology to TNF in its extracellular portion, though less potent in inducing apoptosis. It has been clustered as CD255. TWEAK transcript is expressed broadly in many adult and fetal tissues; however, the staining of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells with TWEAK-specific antibodies shows a more restricted pattern. TWEAK is expressed as membrane-bound and secreted forms. Interaction of TWEAK with its receptors (DR3, Fn14) promotes secretion of IL-8, activation of NF-κB, proliferation of endothelial cells, and apoptosis in a number of human cell lines. The CARL-2 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant TWEAK.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- hTWEAK/2PK-3 transfectant cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- This antibody is at >85% purity.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
FC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Flow Cytometry: For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-mouse IgG second step (Cat. No. 405303), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
ELISA Capture: The purified CARL-2 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated CARL-1 antibody (Cat. No. 308304) as the detecting antibody.
Neutralization1: In a dose-dependent manner, CARL-1 is more effective than CARL-21. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 308403).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nakayama, M. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1373.
AB_2206239 (BioLegend Cat. No. 308402)
- TNF superfamily; 17 kD (Mammalian)
Normal tissue and tumor cells at low levels
- Promotes secretion of IL-8, activation of NF-κB, proliferation of endothelial cells, apoptosis
- Weak apoptotic induction; mediate CD4+ T-cell killing of macrophages; induces IL-6, IL-8, ICAM-1 in astrocytes; HUVEC proliferation
- Cell Sources
- Transcripts widely expressed and abundant in most tissues; protein efficiently secreted
- Cell Targets
- Macrophages, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Apo-3 (DR3, WSL-1, TRAMP, LARD); TWEAKR
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Chicheportiche, Y., et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:32401.
3. Kaplan, M., et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:2897.
4. Saas, P., et al. 2000. Glia 32:102.
5. Wiley, S., et al. 2001. Immunity 15:837.
- Type II integral membrane protein readily cleaved from cell surface
- Gene ID
- 8472 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD255 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.