- W17025A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone Cluster 1, H2bb, H2B Histone Family-Member F, H2BFF, Histone H2B.1, H2B/F
- Rat IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Histones are basic nuclear proteins that are responsible for the nucleosome structure of the chromosomal fiber in eukaryotes. Two molecules of each of the four core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, and H4) form an octamer, around which approximately 146 bp of DNA is wrapped in repeating units, called nucleosomes. Histones play central roles in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. There are many variants of histones H2A and H2B. Specific H2A and H2B variants may preferentially associate with each other resulting in different combinations of variants and leading to the increased combinatorial complexity of nucleosomes. When being catalyzed by a series of histone modifying enzymes, histones may undergo various post-translational modifications such as acetylation, methylation, phosphorylation, ubiquitylation and SUMOylation. The dysregulation of histone modifying enzymes will alter the histone post-modification patterns and cause diverse diseases including cancers.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human H2B1A peptide (111-127 a.a.)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 2.0 µg per ml (1:250-2000). For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
Reactivity to Drosophila was only validated with the purified format.
AB_2728464 (BioLegend Cat. No. 606301)
AB_2728465 (BioLegend Cat. No. 606302)
- 126 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 14kD but observed at approximately 17kD as the highly positively charged Histone protein tends to migrate slower on SDS-PAGE gel.
Eukaryotic cells and nucleus.
- Histone H2B is one of the building blocks of nucleosome. It plays a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability.
- Histone H2A
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
1. Ma F, Zhang CY. 2016. Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn. 16:297.
2. Li J, et al. 2016. Biomed. Rep. 4:293.
3. Shaytan AK, et al. 2015. Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. 32:48.
4. Wright DE, Kao CF. 2015. Epigenetics 10:122.
5. Kim J, et al. 2009. Cell. 137:459.
6. Cheung WL, et al. 2003. Cell. 113:507.
- Gene ID
- 3018 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Histone H2B on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.