- W15097A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Histone deacetylase 3, HD3, SMAP45, RPD3-2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
HDAC3, also known as RPD3-2, HDAC-3, and SMAP45, is a histone deacetylase and is responsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on core histones and other non-histone substrates. The deacetylation of histones is important for transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression, and other developmental related functions. HDAC3 represses gene expression by participating in the transcriptional repressor activity of BCL6, by deacetylating H3K27 on enhancer elements. It is also related to participating in transcriptional regulation through binding to YY1, which is a a zinc-finger transcription factor.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human HDAC3 recombinant protein (405-424 a.a.) conjugated to KLH.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
KO/KD-WB, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
- Product Citations
AB_2861069 (BioLegend Cat. No. 685201)
AB_2572203 (BioLegend Cat. No. 685202)
- 428 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 49 kD. It belongs to the class I histone deacetylase family.
- HDAC3 is a deacetylase responsible for the deacetylation of lysine resides on core histones and other non-histone proteins.
- Forms heterodimer with YY1. Interacts with HDAC7, 9, 10, DACH1, DAXX, BCOR, MJD2A/JHDM3A, NRIP1, PRDM6, and SRY.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Hua G, et al. 2016. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 113:E626.
2. Choi HK, et al. 2015. Nat. Commun. 6:8225.
3. Kim WY, et al. 2015. Int. J. Mol. Med. 35(1):202-10.
4. McHugh CA, et al. 2015. Nature 521:232.
5. Sun Z, et al. 2013. Mol. Cell. 52:769.
6. Sun Z, et al. 2012. Nat. Med. 18:934.
- Gene ID
- 8841 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HDAC3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.