- N159/5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protocadherin gamma-A1, PCDH-gamma-A1
Covance Catalog# MMS-5172
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Purified anti-γ-protocadherin is a member of the protocadherin gamma gene cluster, one of three related clusters tandemly linked on chromosome five. These gene clusters have an immunoglobulin-like organization, suggesting that a novel mechanism may be involved in their regulation and expression. The gamma gene cluster includes 22 genes divided into 3 subfamilies. Subfamily A contains 12 genes, subfamily B contains 7 genes and 2 pseudogenes, and the more distantly related subfamily C contains 3 genes. The tandem array of 22 large, variable region exons are followed by a constant region, containing 3 exons shared by all genes in the cluster. Each variable region exon encodes the extracellular region, which includes 6 cadherin ectodomains and a transmembrane region. The constant region exons encode the common cytoplasmic region. These neural cadherin-like cell adhesion proteins most likely play a critical role in the establishment and function of specific cell-cell connections in the brain. Alternative splicing has been described for the gamma cluster genes.Product Details
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 808-931 (C-terminal cytoplasmic constant domain) of mouse Gamma-protocadherin-A1.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:100 - 1:1,000*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
*Expected MW: 100 kD
WB Positive Control: Rat Brain Membrane Lysate
The antibody is shared by all 22 Gamma-protocadherins (A subfamily amino acids ~807-930, B subfamily amino acids ~789-912 and C subfamily amino acids ~818-941). It was subsequently purified using protein G.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chen WV, et al. 2012. Neuron. 75:402.
AB_2564949 (BioLegend Cat. No. 831701)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.