- Poly6238 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Forkhead box protein P3, Scurfin, JM2, IPEX, Zinc finger protein JM2
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|623801||50 µl (5 Western blots)||$135|
|623802||200 µl (20 Western blots)||$300|
The forkhead/winged helix transcription factor FOXP3 is proposed to be a master regulatory gene and more specific marker of T regulatory cells than most cell surface markers (such as CD4 and CD25). Transduced expression of FOXP3 in CD4+/CD25- cells has been shown to induce GITR, CD103, and CTLA4 and impart a T regulatory cell phenotype. FOXP3 is mutated in X-linked autoimmunity-allergic dysregulation syndrome (XLAAD or IPEX) in humans and in "scurfy" mice. Overexpression of FOXP3 has been shown to lead to a hypoactive immune state suggesting that this transcriptional factor is a central regulator of T cell activity. The Poly6238 antibody recognizes both human and mouse FOXP3 and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 10 µl antibody per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. If primary CD4+CD25+ cells are used, it is recommended that 0.5-1 x 106 cell equivalents be loaded per lane. For immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:20 dilution. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_315971 (BioLegend Cat. No. 623801)
AB_315972 (BioLegend Cat. No. 623802)
- Forkhead/winged-helix transcription factor family, approximately 50 kD, contains zinc finger and forkhead domains
Nuclear; expressed in T cells
- Transcription factor proposed to be a master regulatory gene in T regulatory cell development and a critical factor for immune homeostasis
- Interacts with DNA
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Hori S, et al. 2003. Science 299:1057.
- FOXP3 is present at high levels in T regulatory cell can also be induced by T cell activation
- Gene ID
- 50943 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FOXP3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.