- 5C2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Fragile X mental retardation protein 1, POF, FMRP, POF1, FRAXA
Covance Catalog# MMS-5232
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The gene encoding Fragile X mental retardation protein 1 (FMRP or FMR1), also known as premature ovarian failure 1 (POF1), contains multiple CGG sequence repeats that are positively correlated with impaired cognitive and reproductive function. FMRP may be involved in mRNA transport and synaptic protein synthesis. The gene that encodes FMRP is located in the X chromosome, and an abnormally large number of CGG repeats (200 - 1000 times) causes Fragile X syndrome due to inadequate amounts of FMRP, leading to severe learning deficiency and mental retardation.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a recombinant protein isolated from baculovirus expressing mouse FMRP.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 2.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue (IHC-P) and immunocytochemistry (ICC).
The epitope for 5C2 lies between amino acids 347-353 of FMRP. This clone does not cross react with FXR1 or FXR2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gholizadeh S, et al. 2014. Neuropsychopharmacology. 39:3100.
AB_2750045 (BioLegend Cat. No. 834702)
AB_2564993 (BioLegend Cat. No. 834701)
- Expected MW: 68-80 kD (smaller truncations of FMRP seen at lower molecular weights)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins, Presynaptic proteins
- Gene ID
- 2332 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FMRP on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.