- Poly28613 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mitochondrial fission 1 protein, FIS1, Tetratricopeptide repeat protein 11, TPR repeat protein 11, TTC11, FIS1 Homolog, Fission, Mitochondrial 1, hFIS1
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mitochondria are dynamic organelles that vary in copy number, size, and position in any give cell type, often reflecting the energy requirements of the cell. Fusion and Fission is a well conserved and complex process for mitochondria morphology homeostasis, dysfunction of which is linked to many disorders. Human FIS1 protein, a homolog of yeast FIS1p, was identified as a mitochondria outer membrane protein. Overexpression of FIS1 leads to mitochondrial fragmentation and aggregation in mammalian cells caused by excessive fission events. Aberrant mitochondrial fragmentation leads to cytochrome C release and induction of apoptosis. Depletion of Fis1 induces mitochondrial fusion and elongation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant FIS1 (Met1-Asp121) expressed in E.coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2810743 (BioLegend Cat. No. 861301)
- Human FIS1 is a 152 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 17 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular distribution: Peroxisome and mitochondria
- FIS1 is involved in the fragmentation of the mitochondrial network and its perinuclear patterning.
- Interacts with DNM1L/DLP1, MARCH5, MIEF1, PEX11A, PEX11B, PEX11G.
- Antigen References
- Stojanovski D, et al. 2004. J Cell Sci. 117(Pt 7):1201-10.
- James DI, et al. 2003. J Biol Chem. 278(38):36373-9.
- Gene ID
- 51024 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FIS on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-FIS||Poly28613||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.