- 1E8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 8, CK-8, keratin-8, cytokeratin-8, K8
- Mouse IgG2a, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cytokeratin 8 copolymerizes with cytokeratin 18 to form a component of the cytoskeleton in simple epithelia and many epithelial cell derived cancers. It is a member of the Type II keratin family clustered on the long arm of chromosome 12.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Cross Reactivity: Dog, Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against the 12 carboxy-terminal amino acids of HK-8 preceded by a cysteine, CKLVSESSDVLPK.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 10 μg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, a concentration range of 0.5 - 5.0 μg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2616821 (BioLegend Cat. No. 904804)
- Cytokeratin 8 is a 483 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 54 kD.
Tissue distribution: colon, small intestine, pancreas, liver, stomach, and salivary glands.
Cellular distribution: extracellular and nucleus.
- Cytokeratin 8 plays a role in maintaining cellular structural integrity and also functions in signal transduction and cellular differentiation. Together with KRT19, it helps to link the contractile apparatus to dystrophin at the costameres of striated muscle.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Gene ID
- 3856 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cytokeratin 8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.