- W17190B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CHIP, STIP1 Homology And U-Box Containing Protein 1, Carboxy Terminus Of Hsp70-Interacting Protein, RING-Type E3 Ubiquitin Transferase CHIP, E3 Ubiquitin-Protein Ligase CHIP, CLL-Associated Antigen KW-8, Antigen NY-CO-7, Heat Shock Protein A Binding
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CHIP is an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase known to ubiquitinate misfolded chaperone-bound substrates and target them for proteasomal degradation. Hsp70, Hsc70, and Hsp90 are three chaperone proteins with which CHIP interacts. CHIP mediates polyubiquitination of DNA polymerase beta at 'Lys-41', 'Lys-61' and 'Lys-81', thereby plays a role in base-excision repair. CHIP can also negatively regulate the suppressive function of regulatory T-cells during inflammation by mediating the ubiquitination and degradation of FOXP3 in a HSPA1A/B-dependent manner. CHIP also negatively regulates TGF-beta signaling by modulating the basal levels of SMAD3 via ubiquitin-mediated degradation. Mutations in CHIP cause spinocerebellar ataxia type 16.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 2.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2810779 (BioLegend Cat. No. 865701)
AB_2810780 (BioLegend Cat. No. 865702)
- CHIP is a 303 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 35 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Brain, heart, skeletal muscle, kidney, liver, and spleen
Cellular Distribution: Cytosol, nucleus, and endoplasmic reticulum
- CHIP is involved in protein ubiquitination, protein degradation, and neurodegeneration.
- Ubiquitin, ATXN3, EPHA2, SMAD3, UBE4B, VCP/p97.
- Cell Type
- Glutamatergic Neurons, Mature Neurons, Neurons, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Heat Shock Proteins, Postsynaptic proteins, Phospho-Proteins, Protein Modifiers
- Antigen References
- Zhan S, et al. 2017. Int Rev Immunol. 36(5):300.
- Cao Z, et al. 2016. Oncotarget. 7(20):29864.
- Gene ID
- 10273 View all products for this Gene ID 56424 View all products for this Gene ID 287155 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CHIP on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.