- 15C10C30 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A, Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A (CDK4I), Multiple tumor suppressor 1 (MTS-1), p16-INK4a, p14 ARF
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (CDKN2A) isoform 1, also known as p16-INK4a, is an inhibitor of the cyclin dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6. CDKN2A acts as a negative regulator of cell cycle progression by preventing phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein (pRb) by cyclin-dependent kinases. CDKN2A expression is upregulated during cellular senescence and aging. It functions as a tumor suppressor to induce cell cycle arrest and aging of normal tissues. Germ line point mutations, homozygous deletion, or promoter methylation in the human CDKN2A locus causes uncontrolled cell proliferation, which results in a variety of malignancies such as melanoma, pancreatic adenocarcinoma, gastric cancer, and esophageal cancer.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human CDKN2A recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IF, KO/KD-WB - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2565605 (BioLegend Cat. No. 675602)
- 156 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 16.5 kD. It contains 4 ANK repeats that are responsible for protein-protein interaction.
Cytoplasm and nucleus.
- CDKN2A is an inhibitor of the cyclin dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK6, which plays an imporant role in controlling cell cycle progression from the G1 phase to S phase.
- CDKN2A forms a heterodimer with CDK4 or CDK6.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication
- Antigen References
1. Di Cello F, et al. 2013. Leuk. Lymphoma. 54:1762.
2. Shima K, et al. 2011. Int. J. Cancer 128:1080.
3. Baker DJ, et al. 2008. Cell Cycle 7:2795.
4. Jones R, et al. 2007. Cancer Res. 67:9134.
5. Ladanyi M. 2005. Lung Cancer 49:S95.
6. Foulkes WD, et al. 1997. Mol. Med. 3:5.
- Gene ID
- 1029 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CDKN2A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.