- KP1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Macrosialin, CD68 antigen, macrophage antigen CD68, scavenger receptor class D, member 1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Mouse CD68, also known as macrosialin, is an 85-115 kD member of the lysosomal-associated membrane protein (LAMP) family. It is a heavily glycosylated and predominantly intracellular protein, mainly in late endosomes. Macrosialin is the murine homolog to the human macrophage glycoprotein CD68. It is expressed on tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells and at low levels on dendritic cells. High levels of CD68 expression are detected in activated microglia. LAMP proteins may have functions related to cell-cell interaction or cell-ligand interaction. The biological function of CD68 is not completely understood.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated using a Lysosomal fraction of human alveolar macrophages.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
IP, WB - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.2 - 5.0 μg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation and western blotting.
The CD68 (clone KP1) monoclonal antibody reacts with a monocyte/macrophage/microglia associated antigen (110 kD) identified as CD68.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Holness CL, et al. 1993. Blood 81(6):1607.
- Horny HP, et al. 1990. J. Clin. Path. 43:719.
- Pulford KAF, et al. 1989. J. Clin. Path. 42:414.
- Product Citations
AB_2616797 (BioLegend Cat. No. 916104)
- Sialomucin family, 110 kD.
Microglia, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, granulocytes, subset of hematopoietic progenitors, γ/δ T cells, NK cells, LAK cells, subset of B cells, fibroblasts, and endothelial cells.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Granulocytes, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Microglia, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- 968 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD68 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.