- 4E3.16 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- MDR-1, Multidrug resistance protein 1, P-glycoprotein 1, colchicin sensitivity, doxorubicin resistance
Signet Catalog# 8740-01
Covance Catalog# SIG-38740
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD243 (also known as ABCB1, MDR-1, and P-glycoprotein 1) is an ATP-dependent protein found in the cell membrane, and acts as an efflux pump to transport various substances across the cell membrane and out of cells. CD243 is a member of the MDR/TAP family, whose members are involved in the development of multidrug resistance. CD243 also acts as a transporter in the blood-brain barrier.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a multidrug-resistant human squamous lung cancer cell line SW-1573/500 (Doxorubicin resistant).
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoprecipitation (IP) and immunostaining.
The 4E3.16 monoclonal antibody recognizes a cell surface epitope of the 170 kD multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein. 4E3.16 does not cross-react with the mdr3 gene product. Elevated levels of P-glycoprotein have been reported in multidrug-resistant cell lines and in colon, endometrial, ovarian, and breast tumors, as well as in sarcomas and leukemias/lymphomas. It is able to recognize both the glycosylated and non-glycosylated forms of P-glycoprotein.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Muller MR, et al. 2000. Int. J. Clin. Pharmacol. Ther. 38:180. (FC)
- Dhooge C, et al. 1999. Avd. Exp. Med. Biol. 457:11. (ICC)
- Huet S, et al. 1998. Cytometry. 34:248. (FC)
- Den Boer ML, et al. 1997. Leukemia. 11:1078. (ICC, FC)
- Arceci RJ, et al. 1993. Cancer Res. 53:310.
- Arceci RJ, et al. 1992. Proc. Am. Assoc. for Cancer Res. 33:471. (IP, IHC)
- Beck WT, et al. 1996. Cancer Res. 56:3010. (IHC, ICC, FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565210 (BioLegend Cat. No. 919401)
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- 5243 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD243 (ABCB1) on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.