- C71/16 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Integrin beta-2, Mac-1 beta, macrophage antigen-1 beta, complement receptor C3 subunit beta, lymphocyte function associated antigen 1, cell surface adhesion glycoproteins LFA-1/CR3/p150,95 subunit beta, 2E6, LAD, Cd18, Lfa1, MF17, LCAMB, AI528527
Covance Catalog# MRT-5214
- Rat Ig2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD18 is a 95 kD protein, also known as integrin β2 subunit. It is expressed on all leukocytes. CD18, in association with integrin α chain CD11a, CD11b, and CD11c forms LFA-1, Mac-1, and αXβ2, respectively, and plays an important role in leukocytes adhesion. The CD18 integrin complexes bind ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-3 (CD50), iC3b, and fibrinogen. The M18/2 antibody is able to block tumor cell metastasis and enhance cell adhesion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against cell membrane glycoproteins derived from T-cell lymphoma BW5147 cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• FC: 1:1000 - 1:10,000*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in flow cytometry (FC).
*FC Positive Control: Mouse blood
Rat IgG2a Isotype antibody available: Catalog number: 910601
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Trowbridge IS, et al. Molecular Complexity of Leukocyte Surface Glycoproteins Related to the Macrophage Differentiation Antigen MAC-1. J. Exp. Med. 154: 1517-1524, November 1981.
AB_2564939 (BioLegend Cat. No. 830501)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Complement, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Anderson DC, et al. 1987. Annu. Rev. Med. 38:175.
3. Wilson RW, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:1571.
- Gene ID
- 16414 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD18 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.