- P3C4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Vascular cell adhesion protein 1, CD106 antigen
Covance Catalog# MMS-476P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD106 is a 110 kD single chain type I glycoprotein, which is also known as VCAM-1 and INCAM-110. It is expressed predominantly on activated vascular endothelium but has also been identified on follicular and interfollicular dendritic cells, some macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, and non-vascular cell populations within joints, kidney, muscle, heart, placenta, and brain. Expression on endothelial cells as well as many other cells is induced by inflammatory stimuli and cytokines. Activated endothelial cells can release soluble forms of CD106 which can be detected in the blood. CD106 binds the integrins CD49d/CD29 (VLA-4) and α4β7 that contribute to leukocyte adhesion, transmigration, and co-stimulation of T cell proliferation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The P3C4 monoclonal antibody was generated against IL-1β activated human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs).
- Phosphate-buffered solution (no preservatives or carrier proteins).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC, IP, IF, FC
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IF: 1:1,000
• IP: 1:1,000
• FC: 1:1,000
• IHC: 1:500 - 1:1000 using an AcuityAdvanced Kit available in the BioLegend Antibody Products web store
Tissue: Frozen sections
Primary Incubation: 60 minutes at RT
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunoprecipitation (IP), immunofluorescence (IF), and flow cytometry (FC), but only on IL-1β activated cells.
IHC Positive Control: Human Ovarian Tumor
This antibody inhibits VCAM-1 binding by α4β1. When used with another monoclonal antibody directed to an alternative epitope this antibody can be used to capture soluble serum VCAM.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kim JA, et al. 1994. Arterioscler Thromb. 14:427.
AB_2565212 (BioLegend Cat. No. 919801)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.