- 5B10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Caspase -1 plays a vital role in cleaving the inactive procytokine pro-IL-1 beta to generate the active 17 kd mature form of IL-1beta, a key mediator of inflammation. Active caspase-1 (ICE) is derived a single proenzyme of 45 Kd. An active ICE comprises two subunits of P20 and two subunits of P10 after removal a large amino-terminal pro-domain and a small linker peptide. Caspase-1 is reported to be involved in CD95- mediated apoptosis. Four alternatively spliced variants of caspase-1 have been reported, with mw ranging from 30-48 kd.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Bacterial fusion protein (p20)
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 1-2µg antibody per ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kang SJ, et al. 2000. J Cell Biol 149:613
- Kang SJ, et al. 2002. Cell Death and Differentiation. 9:1115
- Product Citations
AB_2068901 (BioLegend Cat. No. 645101)
AB_2068900 (BioLegend Cat. No. 645102)
- The whole length of Caspase-1 is a 404 amino acid polypeptide chain with MW of 45kd. The active Caspase -1 is a tetramer compariseing two subunits of 20Kd and 10Kd.
Predominantly in the cytoplasm, some localized to the external cell membrane.
- Caspase-1 is a mediator of the inflammatory response by cleaving the inactive pro-IL1 beta at Asp116/Ala 117 to generate the active 17k mature form of IL-1 beta.
- Pro-IL1 beta
- IL-1beta converting enzyme (ICE)
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Wilson KP et al. 1994. Nature 370:251
2. Cohen GM:1997 Biochem J 326:1
- Gene ID
- 834 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Caspase-1 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.