- N294A/6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Brevican core protein, BEHAB, brain-enriched hyaluronan-binding protein, brevican (brain specific proteoglycan in the aggrecan family)
Covance Catalog# MMS-5127
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Brain-specific proteoglycan in the aggrecan family (brevican), also known as brain-enriched hyaluronan-binding protein (BEHAB), is a brain chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan specifically expressed in the central nervous system. It plays a role in development and formation of the brain extracellular matrix and may be involved in malignancy of brain tumor cells.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 219-655 of rat Brevican.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P, IHC-F - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining (IHC-P) and immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections (IHC-F).
Expected MW: 140 kD (proteolyticaly cleaved fragment of Brevican may be observed at ~50 kD in some tissue lysates)
AB_2564837 (BioLegend Cat. No. 820101)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.