- N294A/6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Brevican core protein, BEHAB, brain-enriched hyaluronan-binding protein, brevican (brain specific proteoglycan in the aggrecan family)
Covance Catalog# MMS-5127
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Brain-specific proteoglycan in the aggrecan family (brevican), also known as brain-enriched hyaluronan-binding protein (BEHAB), is a brain chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan specifically expressed in the central nervous system. It plays a role in development and formation of the brain extracellular matrix and may be involved in malignancy of brain tumor cells.Product Details
- Mouse, Rat
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 219-655 of rat Brevican.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 5-10 μg/ml
• IHC: 1-10 μg/ml
Tissue: Formalin-fixed Paraffin-embedded
Primary incubation: 24 hours at 4°C
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and immunohistochemistry (IHC).
*Expected MW: 140 kD (proteolyticaly cleaved fragment of Brevican may be observed at ~50 kD in some tissue lysates)
WB Positive Control: Rat Brain Membrane Lysate
IHC Positive Control: Rat and mouse brain. This antibody does not cross-react with human brevican protein.
AB_2564837 (BioLegend Cat. No. 820101)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.