- QA18A67 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease nexin-II, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Rabbit IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Alzheimer's disease is characterized by the accumulation of aggregated Aβ peptides in senile plaques and vascular deposits. Aβ peptides are derived from amyloid precursor proteins (APP) through sequential proteolytic cleavage of APP by β-secretases and γ-secretases generating diverse Aβ species. Aβ can aggregate to form soluble oligomeric species and insoluble fibrillar or amorphous assemblies. Some forms of the aggregated peptides are toxic to neurons.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 1.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone QA18A67 is reactive to the c-terminus of ß-amyloid and specific for the isoform that ends at the 40th amino acid.
This clone demonstrates preference for ß-amyloid x-40 peptide with minimal cross-reactivity to the x-42 peptide.
AB_2810805 (BioLegend Cat. No. 867801)
AB_2810806 (BioLegend Cat. No. 867802)
- Aβ denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids generated from cleavage of APP by secretases. Aβ has an apparent molecular mass of about 4 kD.
Tissue sources: Primarily nervous system, but also adipose tissue, intestine, and muscle.
Distribution: Cytosol, endosomes, nucleus, plasma membrane, extracellular, and Golgi apparatus.
- The normal function of Aβ is not well understood. Several potential physiological roles have been proposed, including: activation of kinase enzymes; protection against oxidative stress; regulation of cholesterol transport; transcription factor, and as an anti-microbial agent.
- Tau, prion, α2-macroglobulin, apoE and apoJ, toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2), TLR4, TLR6, and their co-receptors CD14, CD36, and CD47.
- Receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE), low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1), glycoprotein 330 (gp330/megalin), P-glycoprotein.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- APP/β-Amyloid, APP/Aβ Degradation
- Antigen References
- Kumar A, et al. 2015. Pharmacol. Rep. 67(2):195.
- Sadigh-Eteghad S, et al. 2015. Med. Princ. Pract. 24(1):1
- Hampel H, et al. 2015. Expert Rev. Neurother. 15(1):83.
- Puig KL and Combs CK. 2012. Exp. Gerontol. 48(7): 608.
- Selkoe DJ and Hardy J. 2016. EMBO Mol. Med. 8(6):595.
- Walsh DM and Selkoe DJ. 2007. J. Neurochem. 101(5):1172.
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-β-Amyloid, x-40 Recombinant Antibody||QA18A67||IHC-P|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.