- A15127A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Synuclein alpha-140, non-A4 component of amyloid, alpha-synuclein, isoform NACP140, non-amyloid beta component (NAP), PARK1, NACP, PD1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Alpha-synuclein is expressed principally in the nervous system, but it is also produced in other tissues, including the skin. In the brain, the protein is primarily neuronal, but it is also present in glia. Neuronal α-synuclein is concentrated in presynaptic nerve terminals, interacts with plasma membrane phospholipids, and is also present in nuclei and mitochondria. At least three isoforms of α-synuclein are produced through alternative splicing. The most common isoform is a 140 amino acid-long transcript. Other isoforms include, α-synuclein-126, lacking residues 41-54; and α-synuclein-112, which lacks residues 103-130. α-synuclein’s physiological role is poorly understood, but the protein has been implicated in regulating dopamine release and transport, synaptic vesicle clustering, and functioning as a SNARE-complex chaperone. α-synuclein fibrils are a major component of the intracellular Lewy bodies that are associated with Parkinson's disease, Lewy body dementia, and multiple system atrophy. Phosphorylation of α-synuclein at Tyr39 may modulate clearance of the protein and contribute to Parkinson's disease.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide of α-synuclein with C-terminus terminating at Asn122.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
Direct ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For Direct ELISA, a concentration range of 0.02 - 3.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2650689 (BioLegend Cat. No. 848401)
AB_2650690 (BioLegend Cat. No. 848402)
- α-synuclein's canonical isoform is a 140 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of 14 kD.
Tissue sources: Primarily nervous system, but lower expression in other tissues.
Distribution: Cytoskeleton, cytosol, lysosome, mitochondria, nucleus, plasma membrane, and extracellular.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Mor DE, et al. 2016. Neurobiol Dis. 88:66. PubMed
2. Jucker M & Walker LC. 2013. Nature. 501(7465):45. PubMed
3. Bartels T, et al. 2011. Nature. 477(7362): 107. PubMed
4. Devine MJ, et al. 2011. Mov Disord. 26:2160. PubMed
5. Mishizen-Eberz AJ et al. 2003. J Neurochem. 86:836. PubMed
6. Games D et al. 2014. J Neurosci. 34(28):9441. PubMed
- Gene ID
- 6622 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about alpha-Synuclein on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-α-Synuclein (C-Terminal Truncated x-122)||A15127A||IHC-P,Direct ELISA|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.