- 20/70 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- C5a ligand, C5a anaphylatoxin receptor, C5AR, C5R1, C5AR1
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD88 is a single chain protein with seven membrane-spanning regions and a molecular weight of 43 kD. CD88 is expressed by neutrophils, eosinophils, and monocytes. There have been reports of CD88 expression in non-immune cells such as glial cells, cerebellar granule cells, cardiomyocytes, and vascular endothelial cells. CD88 is coupled to heterotrimeric G proteins such as Gi, and after C5a binding, the signal transduced by CD88 results in the activation of PLCβ, PI-3 kinase, and PLA2, among other molecules, resulting in chemotaxis, granule enzyme release, and superoxide anion production.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- mC5aR transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PerCP/Cyanine5.5 and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications for the relevant formats include: blocking of C5a binding.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Godau J, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:3437.
- Shushakova N, et al. 2002. J. Clin. Invest. 110:1823.
- Kim SH, et al. 2013. Int Immunol. 25:623. PubMed
AB_2750208 (BioLegend Cat. No. 135812)
AB_2750209 (BioLegend Cat. No. 135813)
- Single chain protein with seven membrane-spanning regions, 43 kD.
Neutrophils, eosinophils, monocytes, glial cells, cerebellar granule cells, cardiomyocytes, and vascular endothelial cells.
- After C5a binding, the CD88 signal results in chemotaxis, granule enzyme release and superoxide anion production.
- CD88 is coupled to heterotrimeric G proteins such as Gi, The signal transduced by CD88 results in the activation of PLCβ, PI-3 kinase, and PLA2, among other molecules.
- Chemotaxis, degranulation.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Eosinophils, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schraufstatter IU, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:3827.
2. Ippel JH, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 284:12363.
3. Monk PN, et al. 2007. Br. J. Pharmacol. 152:429.
4. Griffin RS, et al. 2007. J. Neurosci. 27:8699.
5. Lee H, et al. 2006. Nat. Biotechnol. 24:1279.
6. Buck E and Wells JA, et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:2719.
- Gene ID
- 12273 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD88 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.