- HM48-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BCM1, SLAMF2, Blast-1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD48 is a 45 kD GPI-anchored glycoprotein also known as BCM1, Blast-1 (human), and OX-45 (rat). It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on T and B cells and monocytes/macrophages. It plays a role in adhesion and T cell recognition. The primary ligands for CD48 are CD2 and CD244.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse T lymphoma MBL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is = 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
The HM48-1 antibody is useful for blocking in vitro and in vivo CD48 mediated interactions. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, costimulation of T cell proliferation1,2, blocking of CD48-CD2 interaction1, and inhibition of CTL activity and graft rejection1,2. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. Nos. 103452-103456) with a lower endotoxin limit (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kato K, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1241. (IP, Costim, Block)
- Qin L, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 179:341. (Costim, Block)
- Product Citations
AB_1575045 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103421)
AB_2075051 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103422)
- Ig superfamily, 45 kD
T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages
- Adhesion, T cell recognition
- CD2, CD244
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Flament C, et al. 1996. Hum. Immunol. 46:82.
3. Van der Merwe PA, et al. 1995. Curr. Biol. 5:74.
4. Latchman Y, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:5809.
- Gene ID
- 12506 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD48 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.