- 927 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BST2, tetherin, HM1.2 antigen, bone marrow stromal antigen 2, PDCA-1
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD317, known as BST2, tetherin, HM1.2 antigen, bone marrow stromal antigen 2, or PDCA-1, is type II transmembrane glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 29-33 kD. It is predominantly expressed on Type I IFN-producing cells (IPCs) in naïve mice, but is up-regulated on most cell types following stimulation with type I IFNs and IFN-gamma. It is highly expressed on terminally differentiated normal plasmacytoid dendritic cells and some tumor cells, such as multiple myeloma, renal cell carcinoma, and melanoma cells. BST2 is a recently identified, IFN-induced cellular response factor that blocks release of HIV-1 and other retroviruses from infected cells. BST2 has been found to be the natural ligand of ILT7 in human model.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse plasmacytoid dendritic cells (DCs)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is = 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy, functional assay2, and depletion3,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Blasius AL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:3260.
- Schliemann C, et al. 2010. Blood 115:736. (FA, IF)
- Rajagopal D, et al. 2010. Blood 115:1949. (Depletion)
- Moniz RJ, et al. 2010. FEMS Immunol. Med. Microbiol. 58:397. (Depletion)
- Chen YL, et al. 2013. J Exp Med. 210:2515. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2566646 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127021)
AB_2566647 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127022)
- Type II transmembrane glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 29-33 kD.
Expressed on type I IFN-producing cells, plasmacytoid dendritic cells, and neoplastic B cells, such as multiple myeloma.
- Recently identified antiviral protein that blocks the release of nascent retrovirus or other particles from infected cells.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Douglas JL. et al. 2009. J Virol. 83(16):7931
2. Cao W et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206(7):1603
3. Neil SJ. et al. 2008. Nature 451:425
- Gene ID
- 69550 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD317 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Other FormatsView All CD317 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
PE anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
APC anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Biotin anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
FITC anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
TotalSeq™-A0811 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
TotalSeq™-C0811 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)
TotalSeq™-B0811 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1) Antibody
Spark UV™ 387 anti-mouse CD317 (BST2, PDCA-1)