- 53-5.8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lyt-3.2, Ly-3.2
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8b is the 32 kD β chain of CD8, also known as Lyt-3.2 or Ly-3.2. It is a member of the Ig superfamily expressed as a heterodimer with the CD8α chain on a subset of MHC class I-restricted T cells and most thymocytes. CD8 is a co-receptor for the TCR complex involved in T cell activation. The antibody 53-5.8 is specific for Ly-3.2 and has low reactivity with Ly-3.1.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymus or spleen
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence3, immunohistochemical staining4 of frozen tissue section using dry ice-isopentane method and immunoprecipitation5.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ledbetter J, et al. 1979. Immunol. Rev. 47:63.
- Ledbetter J, et al. 1980. J. Exp. Med. 152:280.
- Vremec D, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:2978. (IF)
- Lawrence D, et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:1795. (IHC)
- Bosselut R, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 190:1517. (IP)
- Product Citations
AB_2564384 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140415)
AB_2564385 (BioLegend Cat. No. 140416)
- Ig superfamily, CD8β chain, 32 kD
Majority of thymocytes, cytotoxic T cell subsets
- Co-receptor of TCR
- MHC class I
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Ledbetter J, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1503.
2. Renard V, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:2439.
- Gene ID
- 12526 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8b.2 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC, ICC, IHC-F, IP|
|FITC anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|Biotin anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD8b.2||53-5.8||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.