- HMα 1;
- Other Names
- Very late antigen 1 (VLA1), integrin alpha 1 (ITGA1)
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD49a is a 1179 aa, type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as α1 integrin, VLA-1 α chain, or integrin α1. It associates antibody v042010 with CD29 (β1 integrin) to form the VLA-1 complex, a collagen IV and alminin-1 receptor that is expressed on activated T cells, smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells, neuronal cells, fibroblasts, and mesenchymal cells. CD49a is an adhesion molecule and is involved in the regulation of leukocyte migration, T cell proliferation, and cytokine production.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse Neuroblastoma Cell Line C1300
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant format) include: inhibition of cell adhesion and cytokine production1,2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_10945160 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142603)
AB_10945158 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142604)
- 1179 aa, type I transmembrane glycoprotein
- Endothelial cells, fibroblasts, activated T cells
- Leukocyte adhesion and homing; costimulation
- Collagens, laminin
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, T cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barczyk M, et al. 2010. Cell Tissue Res. 339:269.
- Gene ID
- 109700 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49a on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.