- P1E6-C5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 chain
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD49b is a 170 kD transmembrane protein, also known as α2 integrin, VLA-2 α chain, Integrin α2 and GPIa. It associates with CD29 (β1 integrin) to form VLA-2, a collagen and laminin receptor on many cell types including monocytes, platelets, activated T cells, megakaryocytes, neuronal cells, epithelial cells, and osteoclasts. CD49b has been reported to interact with F-actin and matrix metalloproteinase 1. CD49b is a platelet alloantigen and has been associated with neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia. Deficiencies in this protein have been associated with hemorrhagic disorders.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- HT1080 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: in vitro blocking activity1,2, immunoprecipitation3, and ELISA4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hirsch MS, et al. 1997. Dev. Dyn. 210:249. (Block)
- Sawhney RS, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281:8497. (Block)
- Lee SA, et al. 2009. Carcinogensis. 30:1872. (IP)
- Zßrate S, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:10839. (ELISA)
AB_2562532 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359307)
AB_2562533 (BioLegend Cat. No. 359308)
- Integrin alpha chain family, type I membrane protein, alpha chain of heterodimeric integrin receptor, 170 kD; associates with CD29 to form collagen, laminin receptor
Broadly expressed on many cell types including B cells, monocytes, platelets, megakaryocytes, neuronal cells, epithelial cells, and osteoclasts
- With CD29; binds collagen and laminin
- Forms heterodimer with integrin β1 (CD29) which is a receptor for laminin and collagen
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kaplan C, et al. 1991. Br. J. Haematol. 78:425.
2. Kiefel V, et al. 1991. Vox Sang. 60:244.
3. Nieuwenhuis HK, et al. 1985. Nature 318:470.
4. Takada Y and Helmer ME. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:397.
- Gene ID
- 3673 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD49b on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.