- RS38E (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- BST2, Tetherin, HM1.24, Bone marrow stromal antigen 2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD317, also known as BST2, Tetherin, and HM1.24, is a type II transmembrane GPI-protein with a molecular weight of about 29-33 kD. It is an interferon-induced protein expressed on dendritic cells, plasma cells, B lymphoblast cells, monocytes, granulocytes, T cells, NK cells, stromal cells, and some non-hematopoietic cells. BST2 inhibits cytokine production through interaction with ILT7 (CD85g). It is also involved in the regulation of B cell growth. More importantly, BST2 has been found to restrict the release of a number of viruses from infected cells, including all tested retroviruses (such as HIV-1) and some arenaviruses and filoviruses. In HIV-1 studies, it has been reported that BST2 retains the nascent virons on the surface of infected cells by incorporation of the protein into HIV-1 particles. HIV-1 Vpu is able to induce BST2 degradation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Pigtail, Rhesus Macaque
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This product is manufactured and sold under a license and covered by a number of issued patents. Users who intend to file a patent relating to the use of this product, or who intend to develop therapeutic use of this antibody, are required to report to BioLegend in advance.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_10567247 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348405)
AB_10564402 (BioLegend Cat. No. 348406)
- Type II transmembrane, GPI-anchored protein, 29-33 kD
Dendritic cells, plasma cells, B lymphoblast cells, monocytes, granulocytes, T cells, NK cells, stromal cells
- Regulate B cell growth, inhibit cytokine production, retain progeny virons on the surface of infected cells
- Ligand Receptor
- ILT7 (CD85g)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Plasma cells, B cells, Monocytes, Granulocytes, T cells, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sugamata OT, et al. 1999. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co. 258:583.
2. Neil SJ, et al. 2008. Nature 451:425.
3. Fitzpatrick K, et al. 2010. PLoS Pathog. 6:e1000701.
4. Azuma KS, et al. 2008. Cancer Sci. 99:2461.
5. Cao W, et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206:1603.
6. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers.
- Gene ID
- 684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD317 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.