- HTA125 (See other available formats)
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Toll-like Receptor 4, TLR4, TLR-4, CD284
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Toll-like receptors are type I transmembrane signaling receptors. They are primordial pathogen-recognition proteins that function as sentinels for the innate immune system. TLR4, also known as CD284, is a 110 kD protein which is expressed on monocytes/macrophages, endothelial cells, and at low levels on B cells and granulocytes. In association with a secretory molecule, MD2, TLR4 has been recognized as critical for host recognition of bacterial LPS. HTA125 antibody is useful for flow cytometric analysis and is able to block LPS-induced cytokine production.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Guinea Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ba/F3 cell line expressing human TLR4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections4, immunofluorescence microscopy6, Western blotting10, and in vitro blocking of LPS-induced cytokine production2,3,7,9. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 312806) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated antibody (Cat. No. 312804) or biotinylated anti-mouse IgG second step (Cat. No. 405303), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204). The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 312807). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 312814) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Skimazu R, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:1777.
- Wang R, et al. 2003. Hybrid Hybridomics 22:357. (Block)
- Wang JE, et al. 2001. Infect. Immun. 69:2402. (Block)
- Ishihara S, et al. 2004 J. Immunol. 173:1406. (IHC)
- Kawahara T, et al. 2001 Infect. Immun. 69:4382.
- Jiang Q, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:3541. (IF)
- Sugawara S, et al. 2001. Infect. Immun. 69:4951. (Block)
- Chavakis E, et al. 2007. Circ. Res. 100:204. PubMed
- Bhattacharyya S, et al. 2007. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest Liver Physiol. doi:10.1152/ajpgi.00149. (Block) PubMed
- Baumgarten G, et al. 2001. J. Infectious. Dis. 183:1617.
- Product Citations
AB_314954 (BioLegend Cat. No. 312805)
AB_2205002 (BioLegend Cat. No. 312806)
- Type I transmembrane protein, Toll-like receptor family/IL-1R superfamily, 110 kD
Monocytes/macrophages, endothelial cells, B cells and granulocytes
- Activates the innate immune system against Gram-negative bacterial pathogens by recognition of LPS
- Bacterial LPS
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Macrophages, Endothelial cells, B cells, Granulocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Toll Like Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Skimazu R, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 189:1777.
- Gene ID
- 7099 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD284 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.