- 1H7/CD221 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF1R)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD221, also known as insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF1R), is a 135 kD transmembrane receptor. It is widely expressed on lymphoid and myeloid cells as well as non-haematopoietic cells. CD221 is a tyrosine kinase receptor and the ligands for CD221 are insulin-like growth factor 1 and 2 (IGF-1 and IGF-2), the polypeptide hormones similar in molecular structure to insulin. IGF-1/2 binding activates downstream PI3K and MAPK pathways and plays an important role in cell growth. Recent studies reveal its function of recruiting immune cells during tissue repair.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- IGF-1 receptor purified from human placentas
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone has been published as 1H7. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections2, and blocking functions2-5.
This product is offered for sale and sold pursuant to a license to seller by City of Hope and may be used only as a research reagent. Use for any other purpose is expressly not authorized.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Li SL, et al. 1993. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co. 196:92. (WB IP)
- Li SL, et al. 2000. Cancer Immunol. Immun. 49:243. (IHC Block)
- Ye JJ, et al. 2003. Horm. Metab. Res. 35:836. (Block)
- Kusada Y, et al. 2008. J. Biochem. 143:9. (Block)
- Ohtani M, et al. 2009. Biosci. Trends. 3:131. (Block)
- Product Citations
AB_10900986 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351805)
AB_10895918 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351806)
- IGF-1R contains 2 α subunits and 2 β subunits, 135 kD
Haematopoietic cells and non-haematopoietic cells
- Cell growth and immune cells recruitment
- IGF-1, IGF-2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Baudler S, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:5516.
2. Sharp LL, et al. 2005. Nat. Immunol. 6:73.
- Gene ID
- 3480 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD221 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.