- HP-MA4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD158a, CD158g, CD158h, KIR2DL1, KIR2DS1, KIR2DS3, KIR2DS5
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD158 molecules, also known as KIRs (killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors), are a family of transmembrane proteins with either two (KIR2D) or three (KIR3D) Ig-like extracellular domains. Some KIRs with long cytoplasmic domains contain ITIMs and posses inhibitory functions and others with short cytoplasmic region lack ITIM and have activation functions. 14 polymorphic KIR genes have been reported in humans. CD158 is mainly expressed on a subset of NK cells and a small population of CD8+ T cells. HLA-C is the ligand of CD158a/h.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human NK cell clone LB2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
mAb HP-MA4 reacts with KIR2DL1 (CD158a), KIR2DS1 (CD158h), KIR2DS3, and KIR2DS5 (CD158g).
Additional reported applications include: inhibits NK cell mediated cytotoxicity and immunoprecipitation.
This clone has been tested in-house and determined to not be suitable for applications in immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded tissue sections (IHC-P).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- De Miguel M and M. Lopez-Botet. 2002. Inmunologia. 21:187
- Goodridge JP, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 191:3553. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2130376 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339505)
AB_2130374 (BioLegend Cat. No. 339506)
- Contains two Ig-like extracellular domains, 58/50 kD
Subset of NK cells and a small subset of CD8+ T cells
- Inhibits NK cell function, play a role in self-tolerance.
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zola H, et al. eds. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules:The CD Markers. Wiely-Liss A John Wiley & Sons Inc, Publication
- Gene ID
- 3802 View all products for this Gene ID 3810 View all products for this Gene ID 3808 View all products for this Gene ID 3806 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD158 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.