- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Human CD14 Monocyte Enrichment, Isolation Kit, Monocyte, Enrichment Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cell populations other than CD14+CD16- monocytes are depleted by incubating the sample with the biotin antibody cocktail followed by incubation with magnetic Streptavidin Nanobeads. The magnetically labeled fraction is retained by the use of a magnetic separator. The untouched monocytes are collected by decanting the liquid in a clean tube. These are the cells of interest; do not discard the liquid. Some of the downstream applications include functional assays, gene expression, phenotypic characterization, etc.Product Details
- Kit Contents
For Cat# 480047:
- 1 vial containing 100 µL of Biotin-Antibody Cocktail: Biotin anti- CD3, CD7, CD15, CD16, CD19, CD20, CD56, CD123, CD235ab
- 1 vial containing 100 µL of Streptavidin Nanobeads
- 1 vial containing 50 µL of Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution)
For Cat# 480048:
- 1 vial containing 1 mL of Biotin-Antibody Cocktail: Biotin anti- CD3, CD7, CD15, CD16, CD19, CD20, CD56, CD123, CD235ab
- 1 vial containing 1 mL of Streptavidin Nanobeads
- 1 vial containing 500 µL of Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution)
- Cocktail: Phophate buffer solution containing 0.09% sodium azide, pH 7.2. Streptavidin Nanobeads: Aqueous solution containing BSA and 0.05% sodium azide.
- The antibodies were purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. Streptavidin Nanobeads: Streptavidin-coated magnetic beads.
- Storage & Handling
- Antibody cocktail, Streptavidin Nanobeads, and Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution) should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
Cell Separation (MojoSort™) - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
10 µl of antibody cocktail for 1 x 107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
10 µl of Streptavidin Nanobeads for 1 x 107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
5 µl of Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution) for 1 x 107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
- Application Notes
This kit is designed for the isolation of untouched CD14+CD16- monocytes from peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs).
Antibody or cocktail dilution to use in column: 6X
Nanobead dilution to use in columns: 3X
- Product Citations
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- View information about Monocytes on UniProt.org
- Is there a way to detach your magnetic particles from the cell surface?
No, not currently. We have found that cells are functional without the need to detach the magnetic Nanobeads.
- What is the size of your magnetic particles?
The average diameter is approximately 130 nm.
- Can your magnetic particles be sterile filtered?
Yes, they can be sterile filtered as the particles are smaller than 0.22 µm.
- Are MojoSort™ Nanobeads compatible with other commercially available magnetic separation systems?
MojoSort™ magnetic particles can be used with other commercially available magnetic separators, both free standing magnets and column-based systems. Because MojoSort™ protocols are optimized for the MojoSort™ separator, the protocols may need to be adjusted for other systems. Please contact BioLegend Technical Service for more information and guidance. We do not recommend using MojoSort™ particles for BD’s IMag™ or Life Technologies’ DynaMag™.