- Other Names
- Mitochondrial labeling, DiIC1(5)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
MitoSpy™ mitochondrial localization probes are cell-permeant, fluorogenic chemical reagents that are used for labeling mitochondria in live cells. MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) localizes to the mitochondria based on its membrane potential and is useful to indicate cell health as well as for localization. Only useful on live cells, the use of fixatives is not recommended prior to imaging or flow cytometry.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Molecular Mass
- 510.45 MW
- The stock solution for MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) is prepared by dissolving the lyophilized probe in dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) to make a final concentration of 10uM by adding 500uL of DMSO to each vial.
- Storage & Handling
- Store MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) at -20°C.
ICC/Live cell imaging - Quality tested
FC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this reagent is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry staining. For immunocytochemistry microscopy, a concentration range of 1 to 50 nM is recommended. For flow cytometric staining, a concentration range of 1 to 50 nM is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) is excited at 638 nm and emits at 658 nm.
Protocol for Live Cell Microscopy
- Reconstitute MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) to a 10uM concentration with DMSO by adding 500uL to an individual vial of lyophilized material. Protect the stock solution from light and keep frozen for storage.
- Prepare the working solution for MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) in 37°C pre-warmed culture media, which will vary by cell line and type of imaging required. When labeling mitochondria for live cell imaging a concentration of 1-50 nM is recommended.
- Grow cells to a desired confluency and wash once with pre-warmed 1X PBS.
- Add the working solution of MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) to the live cells and incubate at 37°C for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash the cells twice with warm 1XPBS or culture media.
- Cells are now ready to be imaged live with a fluorescence microscope. MitoSpy™ NIR DilC1(5) is poorly retained with PFA fixation.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Mitochondrial Markers
- Gene ID