- Other Names
- Human Neuroinflammation Panel, Neuroinflammation, Multiplex, flow cytometry, LEGENDplex, VILIP-1, CCL2 (MCP-1), sTREM-2, BDNF, TGF-β1, VEGF, IL-6, sTREM-1, β-NGF, IL-18, TNF-α, sRAGE, CX3CL1 (Fractalkine)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Neuroinflammation is the inflammation of neuronal tissue due to acute brain injury, protein aggregation, infectious processes, or genetically inherited disorders. Glial cells of the central nervous system produce both pro- and anti-inflammatory factors to modulate the progression of this immune response. In the event of neuronal damage, proteins may also be released into the surrounding cerebrospinal fluid. Neuroinflammation contributes to many neurodegenerative conditions, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, as well as permeability disruptions of the blood-brain barrier. Accurate measurement of the cytokines, chemokines, growth factors, and neuronal disease biomarkers that underlie the complex process of neuroinflammation is critical to furthering understanding these pathologic disorders.
The LEGENDplex™ Human Neuroinflammation Panel 1 (13-plex) is a bead-based multiplex assay panel, using fluorescence-encoded beads suitable for use on various flow cytometers. It allows for simultaneous quantification of 13 key targets involved in neuroinflammation such as VILIP-1, CCL2 (MCP-1), sTREM-2, BDNF, TGF-β1, VEGF, IL-6, sTREM-1, β-NGF, IL-18, TNF-α, sRAGE, CX3CL1 (Fractalkine). This assay panel provides higher detection sensitivity and broader dynamic range than traditional ELISA methods. The panel has been validated for use on cell culture supernatant, serum, and cerebrospinal fluid.
The LEGENDplex™ Human Neuroinflammation Panel 1 (13-plex) is designed to allow flexible customization within the panel. Please visit www.biolegend.com/legendplex for more information on how to mix and match within the panel.
This assay is for research use only.Product Details
- Kit Contents
- Setup Beads 1: FITC Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 2: PE Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 3: Raw Beads (2 ml)
- Capture Beads
- Detection Antibody (3.5 ml)
- Standard Cocktail, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- SA-PE (3.5 ml)
- Matrix B, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- Assay Buffer (25 ml)
- Wash Buffer, 20X (25 ml)
- V-bottom Plate (1 plate)
- Plate Sealers (4 sheets)
- Data Analysis Software Dongle
Learn more about LEGENDplex™ at biolegend.com/legendplex.
Download the LEGENDplex™ software here.
- Materials Not Included
- Flow Cytometer
- Pipettes and Tips
- Reagent Reservoirs for Multichannel Pipettes
- Polypropylene Microfuge Tubes, in 96-Tube Rack
- Vortex Mixer
- Aluminum foil
- Absorbent pads
- Plate Shaker
- A Vacuum Filtration Unit and a Vacuum Source (if using filter plates)
- Biology Area
- Neuroscience, Neuroinflammation, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Gene ID
- 7447 View all products for this Gene ID 6347 View all products for this Gene ID 54209 View all products for this Gene ID 627 View all products for this Gene ID 7040 View all products for this Gene ID 7422 View all products for this Gene ID 3569 View all products for this Gene ID 54210 View all products for this Gene ID 4803 View all products for this Gene ID 3606 View all products for this Gene ID 7124 View all products for this Gene ID 177 View all products for this Gene ID 6376 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Neuroinflammation on UniProt.org
- After I finish the staining process, how long can I wait before reading my LEGENDplex™ samples?
The samples can be kept overnight at 4°C while being protected from exposure to light and be read the next day. There may be a decrease in signal, but overall, the assay results should not be affected. Storing the samples for extended periods of time is not recommended, as it could lead to further reductions in signal.
- If I don't have a vacuum, how do I remove the liquid from my plate?
Do NOT invert the plate to dump the liquid. The beads will not adhere to the plate. After centrifugation using a swing bucket rotor with a plate adaptor, you can remove the liquid by using a pipette.
- Is special software required for data analysis?
Typically flow cytometers generate output files in FCS format (e.g. FCS 2.0, 3.0, or 3.1) and in some cases in list mode file format (LMD). FCS files can be analyzed by different software. Data generated from using LEGENDplex™ kits can be analyzed using the LEGENDplex™ data analysis software freely available on the BioLegend website (biolegend.com/legendplex/software). A free of charge software license dongle is currently provided in the kit. Please check our website for the most updated versions of the software.
- Should I perform the assay with the filter plates or with V-bottom plates?
Filter plates or V-bottom plates have been included in some kits for your convenience. Performing the assay with filter plates is generally recommended. A vacuum filtration unit is required to work with the filter plates. If however, you don’t have access to a vacuum manifold, then you can use the V-bottom plates or micro-FACS tubes as described in the manual and follow the recommended assay protocols for the type of plates or tubes you choose. All tubes and plates should be made from low binding polypropylene. Polystyrene ELISA or cell culture plates should not be used.
- What is the shelf life of LEGENDplex™ kits?
LEGENDplex™ kits are valid for 6 months from the date of receipt.