- Other Names
- Acute Phase, Acute Phase Proteins, Acute Phase Reactants, Acute Phase Panel, Acute Phase Panel I, Multiplex, flow cytometry, LEGENDplex, α2-macroglobulin, α1-AGP, Haptoglobin, α1-antitrypsin, Ceruloplasmin, Fibrinogen, Prothrombin, SAP
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The LEGENDplex™ Human Acute Phase Panel 1 (8-plex) contains fluorescence-encoded beads suitable for use on common flow cytometers. It allows for the simultaneous quantification of 8 key acute phase molecules including α2-microglobulin, α1-acid glycoprotein (α1-AGP), Haptoglobin, α1-antitrypsin, Ceruloplasmin, Fibrinogen, Prothrombin, and Serum Amyloid P Component (SAP). This assay panel provides higher detection sensitivity and broader dynamic range than traditional ELISA methods. The panel has been validated for use on cell culture supernatant, serum, and plasma samples.
The Human Acute Phase Panel 1 is designed to allow flexible customization within the panel. Please visit www.biolegend.com/legendplex for more information on panel design and how to mix and match within the panel.
This assay is for research use only
- Kit Contents
- Setup Beads 1: FITC Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 2: PE Beads (1 ml)
- Setup Beads 3: Raw Beads (1 ml)
- Premixed Beads (3.5 ml)
- Detection Antibodies (3.5 ml)
- Standard Cocktail, Lyophilized (1 vial)
- SA-PE (3.5 ml)
- Assay Buffer (25 ml)
- Wash Buffer, 20X (25 ml)
- Plate Sealers (4 sheets)
- Data Analysis Software Dongle
- Filter Plate
Learn more about LEGENDplex™ at biolegend.com/legendplex
Download the LEGENDplex™ software here.
- Materials Not Included
- Flow Cytometer
- Pipettes and Tips
- Reagent Reservoirs for Multichannel Pipettes
- Polypropylene Microfuge Tubes
- Micro FACS tubes, 1.1 mL
- Vortex Mixer
- Aluminum foil
- Absorbent pads or paper towels
- Plate Shaker
- Tabletop centrifuge
- A Vacuum Filtration Unit and a Vacuum Source (if using filter plates)
- Gene ID
- 2 View all products for this Gene ID 5004 View all products for this Gene ID 5005 View all products for this Gene ID 3240 View all products for this Gene ID 5265 View all products for this Gene ID 1356 View all products for this Gene ID 2243 View all products for this Gene ID 2244 View all products for this Gene ID 2266 View all products for this Gene ID 2147 View all products for this Gene ID 325 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about alpha2-macroglobulin, alpha1-AGP, Haptoglobin, alpha1-antitrypsin, Ceruloplasmin, Fibrinogen, Prothrombin, SAP on UniProt.org
- After I finish the staining process, how long can I wait before reading my LEGENDplex™ samples?
The samples can be kept overnight at 4°C while being protected from exposure to light and be read the next day. There may be a decrease in signal, but overall, the assay results should not be affected. Storing the samples for extended periods of time is not recommended, as it could lead to further reductions in signal.
- If I don't have a vacuum, how do I remove the liquid from my plate?
Do NOT invert the plate to dump the liquid. The beads will not adhere to the plate. After centrifugation using a swing bucket rotor with a plate adaptor, you can remove the liquid by using a pipette.
- Is special software required for data analysis?
Typically flow cytometers generate output files in FCS format (e.g. FCS 2.0, 3.0, or 3.1) and in some cases in list mode file format (LMD). FCS files can be analyzed by different software. Data generated from using LEGENDplex™ kits can be analyzed using the LEGENDplex™ data analysis software freely available on the BioLegend website (biolegend.com/legendplex/software). A free of charge software license dongle is currently provided in the kit. Please check our website for the most updated versions of the software.
- Should I perform the assay with the filter plates or with V-bottom plates?
Filter plates or V-bottom plates have been included in some kits for your convenience. Performing the assay with filter plates is generally recommended. A vacuum filtration unit is required to work with the filter plates. If however, you don’t have access to a vacuum manifold, then you can use the V-bottom plates or micro-FACS tubes as described in the manual and follow the recommended assay protocols for the type of plates or tubes you choose. All tubes and plates should be made from low binding polypropylene. Polystyrene ELISA or cell culture plates should not be used.
- What is the shelf life of LEGENDplex™ kits?
LEGENDplex™ kits are valid for 6 months from the date of receipt.