- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- OVA-IgE Precoated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
|439807||1 Pre-coated Plate||$395|
Immunoglobulin E has long been regarded as a major molecular component of atopic diseases, including allergy and asthma. Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease characterized by bronchial inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness. Clinical studies have found a close association between asthma and serum IgE levels. Allergen-specific IgE has been detected in nasal mucosa from allergic patient. Examination of murine models of human allergic asthma has provided novel insight into the pathobiologic events linking airway inflammation with airway dysfunction.
Ovalbumin (OVA) is the main protein found in egg white, making up 60-65% of the total protein. Ovalbumin is an important protein in several different areas of research and commonly used to stimulate an allergic reaction in mice (e.g. established model allergen for airway hyperresponsiveness).
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Mouse OVA specific IgE ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with OVA. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of mouse OVA specific IgE from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- OVA Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Mouse IgE Dectection Antibody
- Mouse OVA specific IgE Standard
- Matrix A (for serum and plasma samples only)
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
- 20.7 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 0.156-10 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.