- Other Names
- Monocyte chemotactic protein 1, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2, Ccl2, JE, Scya2, monocyte chemotactic and activating factor, MCAF
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|438807||1 Pre-coated Plate||$350|
This product is currently available at 50% of list price. Promotional pricing cannot be combined with other discounts. Price reduction will be reflected during checkout.
If you are a customer who orders via a distributor, please contact your distributor for eligibility.
Human MCP-1, also known as CCL2, is a member of the CC ß chemokine family. It is widely expressed in endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, and monocytes in response to several atherogenic stimulants such as CD40 ligand, platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), interleukin-1ß (IL-1ß), and oxidized low density lipoprotein. Several recent in vivo studies have disclosed critical roles of MCP1 in atherosclerosis. In addition, MCP-1 has been implicated in monocytic infiltration of tissues during several inflammatory diseases, and has been implicated in macrophage-mediated tumor growth suppression in mice. MCP-1 has been shown to have direct effects on tumor cells in an autocrine and paracrine fashion in multiple cancers, including breast, lung, cervix, ovary, sarcoma, and prostate. In addition, MCP-1 plays a key role in the regulation of MMPs during transmigration. MCP-1 has been described as a new diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for progressive renal injury in diabetic nephropathy. Kidney epithelial cells, including glomerular podocytes and tubular cells, make MCP-1 in response to high glucose and advanced glycation end products. MCP-1 promotes inflammation and progressive injury in diabetic kidneys.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ Human MCP-1 ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a capture antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human MCP-1 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human MCP-1 Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human MCP-1 Dectection Antibody
- Human MCP-1 Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Li YF, et al. 2015. Nutrition. 31:691. PubMed
- Product Citations
- 1.6 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, and monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Loberg RD, et al. 2007. Cancer Res. 67:9417
2. Gregory JL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 177:8072.
3. Qui Z, et al. 2009. Immunology. 214:835.
4. Reichel CA, et al. 2009. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. ATVBAHA.109.193268v1.
5. McQuibban GA, et al. 2002. Blood 100:1160.
5. Tesh GH, et al. 2008. Am. J. Physiol. Renal. Physiol. 294:F697.
- Gene ID
- 6347 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL2 on UniProt.org
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.