- Other Names
- Granulysin Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|438007||1 Pre-coated Plate||$395|
Granulysin is a cytolytic protein and present in granules of human natural killer (NK) cells and activated cytotoxix T lymphocytes (CTLs). Granulysin is synthesized as a 15 kD precursor, which is then cleaved at both the amino- and carboxy-termini into a 9 kD activated form. The 9 kD granulysin is released into the intercellular space between target and effector cells via a granule exocytosis pathway.
The 9 kD granulysin is a chemoattractant for T lymphocytes, monocytes, and other inflammatory cells and activates the expression of a number of cytokines, including RANTES, MCP-1, MCP-3, MIP-1a, IL-10, IL-1, IL-6 and IFNa.
High serum levels of granulysin is associated with cytotoxic T-cell and NK cell activity and may thus represent a soluble biomarker for host-cellular immune responses. Serum granulysin has also been proposed as a biomarker for the Th1/Th2 balance and at the cellular level, granulysin may serve as a favorable prognostic marker for certain types of cancer.
The LEGEND MAX™ Human Granulysin ELISA kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with 96-well strip plates that are pre-coated with a capture antibody.
This assay detects both 9 kD and 15 kD form of human granulysin from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, or other body fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human Granulysin Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human Granulysin Dectection Antibody
- Human Granulysin Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer A
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ono S, et al. 2014. J Dermatol Sci. 73:74. PubMed
- Product Citations
- 0.3 ng/mL
- Standard Range
- 0.63-40 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.