- Other Names
- Chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 8 (CCL8), Monocyte chemotactic protein-2 (MCP-2)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|442207||1 Pre-coated Plate||$425|
CCL8, also known as MCP-2, is a protein which is encoded by the CCL8 gene in humans. It is a small cytokine belonging to the CC chemokine family. The CCL8 precursor protein contains 109 amino acids and can be processed to produce the mature CCL8 with 75 amino acids. Human CCL8 shares 49% identity with mouse and 67% identity with bovine.
CCL8 is upregulated in inflammed tissues. It activates and attracts many different immune cells including mast cells, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, T cells, and NK cells, as it binds to several G protein-coupled receptors including CCR1, CCR2, CCR3, and CCR5. The five N-terminal amino acids can be cleaved upon proteolytic processing. The resulting truncated CCL8 (6-75 aa) still binds and blocks the receptors, but drastically loses its chemotactic potency and acts as a antagonist for several other CC chemokines.
High levels of CCL8 is associated with tuberculosis (TB) and graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) following the hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT). Since it recognizes the receptor CCR5 which is a major co-receptor for HIV-1, CCL8 has been investigated for its potency as an inhibitor for HIV infection.
The LEGEND MAX™ Human CCL8 (MCP-2) ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a mouse monoclonal anti-human CCL8 antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated goat polyclonal anti-human CCL8 antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human CCL8 from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human CCL8 Pre-coated 96 well Strip Microplate
- Anti-Human CCL8 Detection Antibody
- Human CCL8 Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer D
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 0.86 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.9 - 250 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 μL to 1,000 μL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.