- Other Names
- Amyloid Beta A4 Protein, Prea4, Protease Nexin-II, Peptidase Nexin-II, Beta-Amyloid Peptide, Alzheimer Disease Amyloid Protein, Cerebral Vascular Amyloid Peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
Covance Catalog# SIG-38954
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|842301||1 Pre-coated Plate||$575|
- Kit Contents
• Capture Antibody Coated Plate, 1 plate
• 1-40 Standard, 2 vials containing 20ug each
• 5X Wash Buffer, 125mL
• Standard Diluent, 2 x 3mL
• 2X Incubation Buffer, 12mL
• HRP Detection Antibody, 40uL
• TMB Substrate, 22mL
• Plate Sealer, 2
• 1.5mL Microfuge tubes, 20
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Please download the Colorimetric LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kit Protocol for further assay detail.
- Application Notes
This antibody kit is used to quantify β-Amyloid [x-40].
This kit has a guaranteed shelf life of 2 to 6 months.
BioLegend's Colorimetric LEGEND MAX™ x-40 kit is specific for the x-40 isoform of beta amyloid. It has negligible cross reactivity with the x-42 isoform of beta amyloid. The Colorimetric LEGEND MAX™ 40 kit reacts with both human and rodent x-40.
Please note that the name of this kit has changed from BetaMark™ β-Amyloid x-40 ELISA Kit (TMB) to LEGEND MAX™ β-Amyloid x-40 ELISA Kit with Pre-coated Plate.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Anusha Jayaraman, et al. 17?-Estradiol and Progesterone Regulate Expression of ?-Amyloid Clearance Factors in Primary Neuron Cultures and Female Rat Brain Endocrinology, 153: 5467 - 5479, Nov 2012.
- Thakker DR, et al. Intracerebroventricular amyloid-beta antibodies reduce cerebral amyloid angiopathy and associated micro-hemorrhages in aged Tg2576 mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA Feb 25, 2009.
- Product Citations
- Standard Range
- 7.4 - 250 pg/mL
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid on UniProt.org
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.