- 17A2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T cell antigen receptor complex, T3
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD3, also known as T3, is a member of the Ig superfamily and primarily expressed on T cells, NK-T cells, and at different levels on thymocytes during T cell differentiation. CD3 is composed of CD3ε, δ, γ and ζ chains. It forms a TCR complex by associating with TCR α/β or γ/δ chains. CD3 plays a critical role in TCR signal transduction, T cell activation, and antigen recognition by binding the peptide/MHC antigen complex.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- γδTCR-positive T-T hybridoma D1
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The 17A2 antibody recognizes ε/γ (but not ε/δ) of the CD3 complex. The 17A2 antibody can induce T cell activation and has been reported to deplete CD3+ cells in vivo. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, complement-mediated cytotoxicity1,3, immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,4, in vitro stimulation of T cells1 and depletion of CD3+ cells in vivo2. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 100208). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 100238) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Miescher GC, et al. 1989. Immunol. Lett. 23:113. (IP, IHC, Activ, CMCD)
- Mysliwietz J, et al. 1992. Blood 80:2661. (Deplete)
- Wu L, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:1617. (CMCD)
- Zhang Y, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:3088. (IHC-F)
- Zan H, et al. 2005. EMBO J. 24:3757.
- Morgado P, et al. 2011. Infect Immun. 79:4401. PubMed
- Xiao J, et al. 2012. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 32:386. PubMed
- Konnecke I, et al. 2014. Bone. PubMed
- Steelman A, et al. 2013. J Biol Chem. 16:23776 (ICC)
- Shi M, et al. 2006. J Immunol. 176:1724 (ICC)
- Product Citations
AB_312664 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100207)
AB_312665 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100208)
AB_1877072 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100223)
- Ig superfamily, CD3/TCR, 20 kD
Thymocytes (differentiation dependent), mature T cells, NK-T cells
- Antigen recognition, TCR signal transduction, T cell activation
- Ligand Receptor
- Peptide antigen/MHC-complex
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, TCRs
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Davis MM. 1990. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 59:475.
3. Weiss A, et al. 1994. Cell 76:263.
- Gene ID
- 12502 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However upon request these can be tested from outside independent laboratories on custom basis.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.