- RP/14 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CD180, Radio-protective 105-kD protein, RP105
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD180 is a 105 kD type I membrane protein, also known as RP105 or Ly64. It is a member of the toll-like receptor family consisting of an extracellular leucine-rich repeat (LRR) and a short cytoplasmic tail. It is expressed on most B cells, monocytes/macrophages, and dendritic cells. CD180 associates with MD-1 to form the RP105/MD-1 surface receptor. CD180/MD-1, by working in concert with TLR4, controls B cell recognition and signalling of bacterial LPS. The ligation of RP105 by RP/14 leads to a strong B cell proliferative response, as well as protection from apoptosis induced by radiation or dexamethasone. Interestingly, in some systems, ligation of RP105 leads to Fas-independent apoptosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- BALB/c mouse splenocytes
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, Activ, InductionProtection of Apop - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1-3, B cell activation1,4,5, protection of B cells from apoptosis induced by radiation or dexamethasone and induction of Fas-independent apoptosis1,5. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 117708).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Miyake K, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:1217. (FC IP Activ Apop)
- Miyake K, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 154:3333. (IP)
- Miyake K, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:1348. (IP)
- Chan VWF, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188:93. (Activ)
- Yamashita Y, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:113. (Activ Apop)
- Fujita K, et al. 2012. Immunol Lett. 144:1. PubMed.
AB_2072826 (BioLegend Cat. No. 117708)
- Member of the toll-like receptor family, 105 kD
B cells, monocytes/macrophages, and dendritic cells
- Signaling protein involved in innate immunity
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- B cells, Monocytes, Macrophages, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Miyake K, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180 :1217.
2. Miyake K, et al. 1995. J. Immunol.. 154:3333.
3. Miyake K, et al. 1998. J. Immunol.. 161:1348.
4. Chan VWF, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188 :93.
5. Yamashita Y, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:113.
- Gene ID
- 17079 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD180 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.