- BV13 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD144, also known as vascular endothelial-cadherin (VE-cadherin), is a 120 kD member of the type II Cadherin family. It is an endothelial specific hemophilic adhesion molecule involved in endothelial cell survival, migration, contact-dependent growth inhibition, and homophilic adhesion. VE-cadherin is essential for maintaining the integrity of the endothelial barrier in vivo.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- VE-cadherin-Ig fusion protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
WB, ICC, Block - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone BV13 recognizes an epitope between aa 45 and 56, and has a binding affinity of 5-15 nM.5 Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, blocking of cell interactions in vivo1, and immunofluorescence microscopy4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Corada M, et al. 1999. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:9815. (WB, Block)
- Liao F, et al. 2000. Cancer Res. 60:6805. (FC)
- Crosby CV, et al. 2005. Blood 105:2771. (FC)
- Liao F, et al. 2002. Cancer Res. 62:2567. (IF)
- May C, et al. 2005. Blood 105:4337. (epitope)
AB_10569011 (BioLegend Cat. No. 138003)
- A 120 kD member of type II Cadherin family
- Involved in endothelial cell survival, migration, contact-dependent growth inhibition, and hemophilic adhesion
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Allport JR, et al. 2002. J. Leukocyte Biol. 71:821.
2. Hirashima M, et al. 2009. Blood 93:1253.
3. Matsuyoshi N, et al. 1997. Proc. Assoc. Am. Physicians 109:362.
4. Matsumura K, et al. 2003. Blood 101:1367.
5. Hirashima M, et al. 2009. Blood 101:2261.
6. Gotsch U, et al. 1997. J. Cell Sci. 110:583.
7. Kataoka H, et al. 1997. Dev. Growth Differ. 39:729.
- Gene ID
- 12562 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD144 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.