- B1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T cell receptor γ/δ, γ/δ TCR, TCR-γ/δ
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
T cell receptor (TCR) is a heterodimer consisting of an α and a β chain (TCR α/β) or a γ and a δ chain (TCR γ/δ). TCR γ/δ is involved in the recognition of certain bacterial, self-CD1 molecule, and tumor antigens bound to MHC class I. The γ/δ TCR associates with CD3 and is expressed on a subset of T cells found in the thymus, the intestinal epithelium, and the peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum. Most γ/δ T cells are CD4-/CD8-, some are CD8+. T cells expressing the γ/δ TCR have been shown to play a role in oral tolerance, innate immune response for some tumor cells, and autoimmune disease. It has been reported that γ/δ T cells also play a principal role in antigen presentation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
FA, IHC, Block - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone B1 is also known as clone B1.1.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections3 and paraffin-embedded sections5, and in vitro blocking. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 100208).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Rodriguez-Gago M, et al. 2001. Transplantation. 72:503.
- Lehmann FS, et al. 2002. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver. Physiol. 283:G481. (FC)
- Bordignon M, et al. 2008. Mol. Med. Rep. 1:485. (IHC)
- Conrad M, et al. 2007. Cytom. Part A 71A:925. (FC)
- Pollinger B, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:2602. (IHC)
- Correia DV, et al. 2011. Blood. 118:992. (Block)
- Laurent AJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:103683. PubMed
AB_1089220 (BioLegend Cat. No. 331203)
AB_1089221 (BioLegend Cat. No. 331204)
- Ig superfamily, associates with CD3 complex
T subset in thymus, intestinal epithelium, peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum
- Antigen recognition
- Ligand Receptor
- Some bacterial or tumor antigens bound MHC class I, CD1 molecule
- Cell Type
- T cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Adaptive Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Lanier LL, et al. 1987. J. Clin. Immunol. 7:429.
2. Spencer J, et al. 1989. Eur. J. Immunol. 19:1335.
3. Uyemura K, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:683.
4. Spada FM, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 191:907.
- Gene ID
- 6964 View all products for this Gene ID 6965 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR gamma/delta on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.