- C11.5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-12 p40, Interleukin-23 p40, Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), CTL maturation factor (TcMF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The C11.5 antibody reacts with human IL-12 p40 subunit of the IL-12 p70 heterodimer and IL-23 p40 subunit of the IL-23 p19/p40, as well as p40 monomer and homodimer. The C11.5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-12 p70.Product Details
- Human, IL-12/IL-23 p40 subunit (monomer, homodimer and heterodimer IL-12 p35/p40 or IL-23 p19/p40)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO-expressed, recombinant human IL-12 p70 heterod
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ICFC - Quality tested
Block, IHC, WB, Neut - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
- Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Flow Cytometry3,5: The fluorochrome-labeled C11.5 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-12 p40 (monomeric, heterodimeric, homodimeric) -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization6: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 501813).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, ELISA Capture1,2, ICFC Blocking, immunohistochemical staining4 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated tissue frozen sections, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer) in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430701 to 430706) are specially developed and recommended. For testing human IL-12 p70 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431701 to 431706) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- D'Andrea A, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1387.
- D'Andrea A, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:1041.
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Leifeld L, et al. 2002. Hepatology 36:1001.
- Pekkari K, et al. 2001. Blood 97:3184.
- Bolovan-Fritts CA, et al. 2004. J. Virol. 78:13173.
AB_315195 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501813)
- Cytokine; monomer, heterodimer (p40:p35 or p40:p19) or homodimer (p40:p40)
- IL-12 p70 (p40:p35) induces IFN-?, TNF-a production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of TH1 T lymphocytes. IL-23 (p40:p19) induces proliferation and production of IFN-? by human memory T cells, but not n
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells, PBL
- IL-12Rß1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rß2 binds p35
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
5. Oppmann B, et al. 2000 Immunity. 13:715.
6. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003 J. Biol. Chem. 278:1910.
7. Parham C, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5699.
8. Belladonna ML, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5448.
9. Lankford CS, et al. 2003 J. Leukoc. Biol. 73:49.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 3593 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12 p40 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However upon request these can be tested from outside independent laboratories on custom basis.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.